616.392.1821 Ext. 244
Emily J. Hovinga
616-392-1821 Ext. 284
Nick’s practice is primarily focused on business and corporate law, and estate planning. In the corporate arena, Nick regularly represents clients from Holland and elsewhere in Michigan in the areas of business formation, the buying and selling of a business, succession planning, shareholder disputes, and many other matters related to the general operation of an enterprise.
Nick’s estate planning practice includes full-service estate plan preparation, trust administration, probate avoidance, and tax planning. He is also well-versed in probate.
- Juris Doctor degree, Wayne State University Law School
- Bachelor of Science degree, Grand Valley State University
- Moot Court, Wayne State University Law School Program
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Ottawa County Bar Association, board of directors
- State Bar of Michigan
- Business & Corporate, Probate & Estate Planning sections
- “Social Networking: Your Business Clients and Their Employees Are Doing It … Are You Advising Your Clients on How to Manage the Legal Risks?”, Michigan Business Law Journal, Summer 2010
Volunteer Associations and Memberships
- Board member and past president, Good Samaritan Ministries
- Zeeland Historical Society
- Leadership Holland graduate
- Free Legal Aid Clinic of Detroit (former)
- District Intern for Rep. Peter Hoekstra (former)
Corporation Filing Changes Ahead for a title.
It’s Fall and change is in the air! On October 30, 2017 the Corporations Division of the State of Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory
Electronic Signatures are Generally Enforceable
Now more than ever, the transaction of business is dependent on the use of electronic means to secure a person’s signature. Everything from change of
Why Certify Your Minority Owned Business?
While there are many reasons to have your business certified as a Minority Business Enterprise (“MBE”), the biggest benefit your company may gain is access