616.392.1821 Ext. 245
Cheryl L. Anderson
616-392-1821 Ext. 257
616-392-1821 Ext. 273 firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeff enjoys helping people from all walks of life, in Holland and around the state of Michigan, navigate their way through the mazes of estate planning, trust and probate administration, and tax laws–for example, helping a person who has very few assets avoid the cost of probate, or helping a person with a great deal of wealth to minimize the estate tax burden on his or her heirs. Designing the proper plan takes thoughtful consideration of a myriad of considerations. Jeff enjoys helping people work their way through the process.
His work also involves advising wealthy individuals on how to minimize the transfer-tax burden on their families, and provide appropriate structures to manage those assets for the next generation. Jeff has helped clients who live in the Holland area, throughout West Michigan, from Florida to the tip of Michigan, and from Virginia to California.
- Juris Doctor degree, University of Michigan Law School (magna cum laude)
- Bachelor of Arts degree, Michigan State University (high honors)
- Additional coursework, Grand Valley State University, Master of Taxation program
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Michigan, Taxation and Estate Planning committees
Honors & Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell BV rating
- 2010 Marvin C. Lindeman Award for meritorious service to the Community Foundation of the Holland/Zeeland Area
- Frequent presenter at estate planning seminars
Volunteer Associations and Memberships
- Hospice of Holland, director
- Kid's Hope Mentor
Hobbies and Community Activities
- Singing with the Holland Chorale
What is the best way to leave money to a charity upon your death?
We live in a wonderfully philanthropically minded community. When I am doing an estate plan for a client who has a desire to leave a
MICHIGAN ESTATE PLANNING ENTERS THE 21ST CENTURY.
On December 8, 2016 Michigan’s Governor signed into law the Qualified Dispositions in Trust Act. The Act went into effect on March 8, 2017. This
Windsor – DOMA Notice
IRS issues more guidance on the retroactive effect of the Supreme Court’s decision in Windsor. In U.S. v. Windsor (2013) the U.S. Supreme Court held