If you have an income or job loss because of COVID-19, Ottawa County Friend of the Court has put in place a process to quickly address your job/income loss. Here is what you should do:
- Call your Ottawa County Friend of the Court investigator/case worker to request a joint phone conference to review child support and to determine if a modification can be made.
- A separate motion is not required for job/income loss due to COVID-19.
- An appointment is not needed.
- If an agreement is reached a consent order will promptly be entered.
- If there is disagreement a phone/video hearing will be set with a referee.
If you have questions about child support or other family law related matters, please do not hesitate to contact me at (616)392-1821 or email@example.com.